Listing Agent: Antoinette Khatib
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
TYPE: Class C
PROPERTY TYPE: Specialty
LAND AREA: 170 Acres
ZONING: Agricultural A1, General Industrial M1
FOR SALE - Creamery is located in one of the most tourist-attracting, agricultural areas, which is Shenandoah County and Rockingham County. Situated between two large and popular cities, Winchester in the North and Harrisonburg in the South. In a historical area, where the civil war ended. Our land is surrounded by 6 big towns and close to one of the largest universities in Virginia, JMU, and another academy.
It’s a historical farm existing since 1840 and it’s been 30 years since the establishment of the creamery. It was a very well known, successful creamery and cheese factory called Shenville Creamery and used to be on “To see lists” for Shenandoah visitors. It was a famous destination for fresh cheese, ice cream, full-fat yogurt and unhomogenized milk and conducted educational tours for visitors. It was the official food supplier for the Atlanta Summer Olympics as well.
Below are specific details on the creamery:
- Land contains 170 acres in total, Agriculture A1 & General industrial M1
-Two large commercial buildings for cheese and other food processing; each building is 7500 sq ft.
-Two Rental houses, one house overlooks the Shenandoah River
- Borders the Shenandoah River, railroad in the middle of the land.
- Farm land for: Corn, Wheat, Asparagus, Strawberries, Green beans, Tomatoes, Pumpkins, etc.
- We currently only grow corns and wheat, which gives a profit of $50,000-$100,000 each per year.
- Barns/Shed facilities for animals (We also hold a USDA license in a domestic market for chicken and beef)
- Contains 2 private wells
- Contains 1 commercial well with special deed and capacity to pump 1000 gallons of spring water per minute
- Special Irrigation System for Crop Land
Creamery is getting a lot of interest and attention from nearby towns to buy water, which can support all of Virginia.
Whole Foods (big organic food chain) is interested in buying our cheese if we open. There is a huge local market for cheese and our name is already well-established. We have most of the equipment for cheeses but there's another $500,000-$700,000 investment needed for labeling & packaging equipment.
Market price for farm includes houses, buildings, and facilities which is approximately eight million two hundred thousand ($8,200,000).